Covenant Eyes on Linux, or something close to it
This page is out of date
Out of date content follows
This page was created because http://www.covenanteyes.com/2009/06/10/covenant-eyes-for-linux/ is not very helpful.
Note that the following steps describe one of the ways Pluckeye can be used to create a Covenent Eyes-ish setup. There are other ways to achieve either more restrictive or more permissive filtering (or monitoring) using just Pluckeye or Pluckeye and other browser addons, but only one such setup is here described for simplicity.
- Install Firefox.
- Install Pluckeye.
- If you want permissive filtering that is similar to Covenant Eyes filtering:
- Install ProCon Latte Content Filter.
- Configure Pluckeye to defer to ProCon Latte like so:
pluck add "package ProCon Latte Content Filter"
- Restart Firefox.
- Configure ProCon Latte password.
- Set Pluckeye to installation level 2 to prevent bypass using other browsers.
- Setup monitoring using one of the following:
- Change the Pluckeye delay to 24 hours to prevent bypass.